Friday, July 23, 2010

TV swapping.

For a few months now the family and I have been changing around who gets what TV around. I think what started all this is, one of the older TV's picture progressively got worse. So after buying a newer to us; LCD flatscreen TV for my moms room I do believe that was the reason for all the changing around. It was probably a week or two and my mom couldn't stand watching the new TV; she just didn't like it. I think she said it was too big and bright for our room. This is a Sony 27 inch LCD. She made a decision to give it to dad and she would use his; TV he had in the living room. And at some point my older sister got involved which led to my dads bedroom TV changing and the kitchen getting a newer TV, a 13 inch from my sister.

Hold on the saga continues ha ha. My sister came back eventually sometime later and we did some more TV changing around. By the way this saga has not directly affected me yet but I'll get to that because that is why I am doing this blog entry. With my sisters last involvement in this TV venture momma lost her little 13 inch kitchen TV. And I think it was two weeks ago a decision was made that involves my niece and another TV. That's where I come in to this little saga. For five years now I have had the Toshiba 20'' MV20P2 TV; a 20 inch. Pictured below. This is been a fabulous TV and believe it or not it only cost my mother $100 back then. I think there is no way these days you can buy a TV for that; that will last years.





This past Monday night my niece and her husband are over there unused RCA 27 inch, pictured below. The picture on this TV is phenomenal; not to mention for years now I've never had a TV that had two working speakers. I rather like that feature. Having poor vision I've never been able to read the cable box display on any of the TVs I've used in 12 years, and live in or not on this RCA I can read them sitting in my bed a few feet away. For five years I've had a Toshiba and now I am still not used to having seven more inches of screen to see. Now I have to lean back further in my chair to watch TV ha ha. I guess I'm going to have to get used to watching TV in bed.

No comments: