Monday, July 26, 2010

Surprising Phone call!



An Icom IC-821H Transceiver for VHF/UHF all mode operations.

Before I get a phone call today, I'll give you some history. I believe it was sometime in late 2006 I bought the radio that you see, so I can have VHF/UHF all mode operations. But about six months into owning it, I started having problems with it not transmitting properly. This led to someone offering to work on for me. Some progress was made; over some period of time but as of a few weeks ago it still was not behaving properly. That being learned I made a decision by July 14th. to send it home to ICOM.

Which leads me to the phone call today; that turned out to be very good news. I was told that my radio had been received and definitely is repairable, but I asked if we could postpone it for a short period time, so I could gather all of the funds in question before proceeding and they agreed. I hope to have more good news soon.

No comments: