Friday, December 11, 2009

what a week this has been!

What a week this has been for me. Currently looking at my calendar and I have noticed that my drinking has slowed down, can't say that I completely feel physically better but I can gladly say that the one major side effect of the drinking as nearly stopped. That is what they call acid reflux disease, I have been battling this problem since the summer of 2005. This was a major reason for the decision to slow down the drinking and now that a few days or a week or two, I think has gone by I am now looking at this current week and past weekend and can report good news on many fronts.

first of all the start of the good news begins on this past Saturday, December 6 at 2:30 p.m. Why that time because that is when I got fed up with the acid reflux disease problem and stood up stomped over to the refrigerator to grab a bottle of Maalox, and downed three to four mouthfuls of it. Angry that I had to do this, on many occasions I would say almost daily.Waiting nearly an hour for the acid reflux to settle down I went over to the other refrigerator, grab my last two beers and then stomped to the kitchen sink to open and pour out the last two beers I ever hope to drink in my life. So my sobriety date is December 6, 2009 and it will stay that way, I guarantee you! Tomorrow the 12th. will be a week of sobriety for me so far.

The next piece of good news is that finals week began December 7 and after a after a little more effort than I anticipated, and began to believe I was ready for the final that I take this week. And I took a quiz this week as well. The quiz was on the 8th and the one final I had was the next day Wednesday. I felt I did good on that final but I will say I should have done much better than I feel I did. That was only one class I had this quarter. The other class didn't and now as well that I wanted, but all is not lost I will get results that I will be happy with in that class soon. Long story short there is nothing wrong with a C and an I now and then.

To conclude on the medical front my back is no longer in pain and I am thrilled. What started that whole ordeal me going my lower back muscles out of whack again , and then the cyst doing what it did. And like I may have mentioned, on the seventh my stitches had a chance to come out this week. So I now have no severe medical issues to worry about as of today. I am now doing some investigating in what I can do physically to take better care of myself.

I am not calling this a new years resolution because when most people do things like that they break them before Valentine's Day, almost every time. this is just a guy who is sick and tired of being sick and tired, exhausted, and having to deal with acid reflux disease. PS I'm not going to become a bodybuilder or a professional wrestler, and definitely not a health fanatic. After all I am still a lover of food and they do say everything in moderation right?

No comments: