Tuesday, May 26, 2009

CAD/CAM Meeting aka meeting #4

Back in late march the manufacturing department chair guy had a short chat about a CAM/CAM class or two as an option , as I said earlier. A later while at the May 7th meeting he and I had a chance to chat again. That conversation was about my safety concerns of me being in the machine shop. This had to be talked about because since birth I've had Cerebral Palsy. although I am to walk farly good doing it with out my forarm crutches, I still need the wheel chair a little bit. Also one of the side effects, I guess you can call it that Of the Cerebral Palsy for me is pure balance.

So todays meeting I got some good information about the CAD/CAM degree and it was agreed that I could make through under or about half way through these program requiarments with some mynore phsyical accomidations. But to make it to the end would in deed take some big work arounds in the shop side of things.

At no point did I feel any bad vibes from our conversation, meening I was not being told that I try this in the least. I would love to have a full understanding of what some one in the shop is thinking or doing when a set of my drawings were in there hand, yet I would feel a hole lot better if the papers didn't read "man dies do to machine shop tool assemilation" lol.

Before we rapped it up the guy said not worie to much and the new plan should go through fine. I did feel some good vibes at the end of yet another meeting. So I lay in waiting for two more days.

No comments: