Thursday, October 20, 2011

Back home where it belongs.

When I was first licensed in the late 90s I saw this radio and thought it was very cool so for some time I set out to buy one. I had an opportunity in 2004; to buy one brand-new in the box. But about a year and a half later; sadly I sacrificed it to buy another radio and it's been bugging me ever sense. I'm thrilled to report now; after sometime I now have one back in the shack. In fact I did not mind that it took almost three hours yesterday to set it up and get it running again.

To finalize the installation this morning another ham came by to assist in programming the radio; via computer. Happily this process only took mere seconds. As many of us known setting up a radio by hand takes hours or days. You got to love technology when it works.

I know for some time now this radio has been receiving bad reviews due to bad display issues but this is now the second radio; of this particular model and still no display problems. Oh I should mention I also have the remote head kit; the DFK-4C and I have no intention of letting that go. The remote idea comes in so handy. I can now say that radio speaking my check is complete.

No comments: