Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back to normal two.

As of six pm this evening My replacement backup hard drive is working great, with the new firewire 400 doing the job.

With the firewire upgrade all of the backup times are now completed in half the time. It has been a month and a week when I last had current backups. Not having backups freaks me out. I'm now thrilled that I can fix my PC on my own, software speaking that is.

In fact not only can windows be restored, but all of my documents and all 57 GBs of my mp3s can be as well, with or without a backup program. Having backup software is very good these days. With this as an option I have things all well in a little over three hours.

Having two backup plans is a good idea, but for years I always was horified of doing a fresh instail of windows and all the applacations, along with my data. Last Januarry I had a hard drive fail and had to start from scratch because I couldn't use my backup files. After a little nail biteing, it took a full week too fix evrything. So with a little work the last couple of days I now am ready and willing too do this once again, when I need too, and I'm shure I can do it all in just two days.

No comments: